Summary of the FOIP Act
- You have the right to request access to the records held by the City of Edmonton, subject to limited and specific exceptions.
- You have the right to access information that the City has about you.
- You have the right to request the City to correct personal information it has about you.
- The Act controls the way in which the City may collect personal information from you, controls the use that the City may make of your personal information and controls how the City can disclose information about you.
- You have the right to request independent review of any issue related to FOIP by the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
General requests, or requests for non-personal information, require a fee of $25 payable to the City of Edmonton. Requests for personal information about yourself do not require an initial fee. If the request is made on behalf of another individual, you must fill out our Authorization of Representative form.