The City of Edmonton completed additional consultation from February to April, 2018, including:
- An online survey on public smoking and vaping of cannabis
- Circulation of the proposed land use framework for cannabis stores for feedback from stakeholders
- Focus groups with interested cannabis store operators about cannabis business licences
The City of Edmonton circulated a proposed land use framework for cannabis retail stores from February 23 to March 21, 2018. The proposed framework is based on:
- Compliance with provincial regulations
- Results of public engagement activities conducted in November and December 2017
- Providing opportunities across Edmonton for cannabis store locations
The City of Edmonton made changes to the proposed land use framework based on comments from stakeholders who responded to the circulation.
Read the What We Heard and What We Changed Report.