The following documents must be provided along with your completed online application form and applicable fees:
1. Curb to Property Line Map With Aerial Imaging
A scaled Curb to Property Line Map must be provided along with your application for a portable sign permit. To request this map email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Curb-to-Property Line Map with aerial imaging in PDF format, containing:
- A north arrow
- Location of the proposed sign on the site, dimensioned perpendicular from the curbs and the property lines to the nearest edge of sign
- Location of other existing portable sign(s) on site
- Location of vehicle access location(s) on site
- The corresponding street and avenue abutting the site
2. Landowner/Agent Permission
Online applications may select to use the Landowner/Agent Permission Declaration.
“I declare that I have authorization from the landowner or the landowner's agent to place a Portable Sign on the land that is listed as the address for the location of the Portable Sign (Subsection 184.108.40.206.3.1)”.
Portable signs proposed to be placed on land owned by the City of Edmonton, require the Landowner/Authorized Agent Permission Letter signed by the City of Edmonton.
Please note that condominium properties may require a letter from the Condo Association Representative responsible for the common property.
When a Landowner/Authorized Agent Permission Letter is required, the applicant must submit a current letter from the owner of the property on which the sign is to be erected, or their agent, authorizing the applicant's sign development.
Download a copy of the
3. Name of Business, Tenant or Group Advertising
Applications for portable signs must include the name and address of the business, tenants, or group advertising on the sign.
4. Off-premise Sign Context Plan
Applications for Portable Signs with Off-Premises Advertising require an Off-Premises Sign context plan in PDF format, containing:
- A north arrow
- Location of other existing signs with off-premises advertising, located within 100 metres of the proposed portable sign
- Location of signs with a digital copy area greater than 8.0 square metres, located within 100 metres of the proposed portable sign
- The corresponding streets and avenues of the nearest roadway intersections, clearly labelled, and all adjacent roadway intersections