Date: Wednesday April 15, 2020
Time: 11:30am-1:30pm and 2:30-4pm
Location: The Meadows Recreation Centre
2704 – 17 Street NW
If you are selected to attend the Lot Selection Event, you will be notified by email which of the 2 Lot Selection time slots to attend.
You must bring:
- A copy of your confirmation email you received from the City of Edmonton either printed or accessible on a mobile device
- Picture identification with the correct mailing address
- $5000 certified cheque or bank draft payable to The City of Edmonton
After you choose an available lot, you will be required to sign a Purchase Application and provide a non-refundable Application Deposit of $5000 by certified cheque or bank draft payable to the City of Edmonton. This Application Deposit will be applied toward the 15% deposit of the lot price plus GST, if applicable. If the buyer chooses not to proceed with their purchase, the Application Deposit is forfeited.
Buyers may include a maximum of 2 additional name(s) to the Purchase Application (that is, a spouse or partner) for a maximum of 3 names total. These names will be used to create the formal Sale and Development Agreement.
If a registrant(s) is not present at the Lot Selection Event at their assigned time slot, and their name and number is called, that registrant(s) will lose their opportunity to select an available lot.
Photo identification such as driver's licence or passport with current address will be required, and the address must match your registration confirmation email. Powers of Attorney or Agent representation will not be accepted. Successful registrants must be present at the allocated Public Lot Selection time slot in order to purchase a lot.
- Deposit: 15% of the total purchase price is required at the same time the signed sale agreement is returned to us (less the $5,000 received at time of lot selection.
- Performance Fees: All lots purchased will require a payment of $15,000 in Performance Fees ($10,000 Sustainability & Architectural Performance Fee and $5,000 Damage Performance Fee) and are required to be paid at the time the signed sale agreement and deposit is provided to the City. These Performance Fees are to ensure buyer/builder compliance with the Sustainability & Architectural Design Guidelines and address any potential damage to City infrastructure as a result of construction activity on the lot. The Performance Fees will be returned to the buyer or forfeited to the City in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Soil Condition Deadline: June 15, 2020 (Waived by buyer or action taken to satisfy)
- Balance / Closing Date: July 22, 2020
- Possesion: On the Closing Date
Buyers are required to physically inspect the Lot they purchased and abutting infrastructure such as sidewalk, fences, water valves (CC valve), fire hydrants, and power boxes within 10 days of the Closing Date and photograph and record any observed damages on the Lot Damage Statement form provided with the Agreement.
The Buyer will be held responsible for the repair of any subsequent damage to City infrastructure and any restoration costs will be retained from the Damage Fee.