Wednesday March 8, 2017
City Room, City Hall
Admission is free.
International Women’s Day is a global celebration of the inspirational economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.
Edmonton’s Women’s Initiative has planned an exciting, informative and interesting program to help celebrate girls and women and International Women’s Day. The theme this year is Be Bold for Change, which a good message for all to consider and support.
- 2 dynamic leaders who are very supportive of women’s initiatives:
- Honorable Stephanie McLean, Minister for the Status of Women
- Councillor Bev Esslinger, Sponsors of Council’s Women’s Initiative
- Meet and hear from our first Women’s Initiative Leadership Award recipient.
- A variety of local artists will be performing, including SkirtsAFire HerFestival’s new Mommy Monologue theatre production.