Free Admission Day is back for 2016! Free fun for everyone at participating City of Edmonton recreation centres, attractions and cultural facilities on Sunday September 25, 2016 from 10am-6pm*.
(*Some exceptions apply. Please check list of participating facilities and hours of operation.)
Attractions and Cultural Facilities
- City of Edmonton Archives at Prince of Wales Armouries
- Edmonton Valley Zoo
- Fort Edmonton Park
- John Janzen Nature Centre
- John Walter Museum (1-4pm)
- Muttart Conservatory
- Scona Pool (1-5pm)
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre
- St. Francis Xavier Sports Centre
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
- Downtown Community Arena (3-6pm)
- Kinsmen Pitch and Putt
Select Family YMCA Community Centres
Regular scheduled public skates throughout the day at the following arenas:
Please note: due to high traffic, parking will be limited at all facilities. The City encourages Edmontonians to make use of the Edmonton Transit System to get to their destination.
ETS will be operating the Route 594 shuttle service from West Edmonton Mall to the Valley Zoo on an approximate 15 minute frequency between 9am-6pm on Sunday September 25. Regular fares apply for all ETS service.
For fare, route and schedule information, or to plan your trip, visit takeETS.com or call 311 (780-442-4311 outside of Edmonton).
Free Admission Day is only for the facilities listed above. It does not apply to other City of Edmonton services.
Free Admission Day Tips
- Before you go, recheck this website to see updates to all the opportunities available
- Map out your day so you can maximize your experience
- Consider starting (or ending) your day with a swim or skate at one of the Recreation Centres
- Follow twitter #yegFAD to check out lineups and parking
- Travel by ETS or LRT instead of your vehicle