Skip to main content
Main page content begins here
The Heritage Amphitheatre is unavailable for bookings due to the William Hawrelak Park Rehabilitation Project.
The Heritage Amphitheatre is Western Canada’s largest outdoor amphitheatre. The landmark’s distinctive white canopy offers excellent acoustics and an open view of William Hawrelak Park.
Stage and Canopy
- 2,050 square foot stage (41 feet deep x 50 feet wide x 44 inches high).
- Canopy on tensioned steel structure. Canopy covers stage, greenroom entrance, and approximately 75% of the fixed seating.
Green Room and Dressing Rooms
- Located beneath the stage, with entrances at rear and side.
- Green Room (20 feet x 30 feet) comes with couches, chairs and a kitchenette with cupboards, sink, microwave and fridge.
- Dressing rooms are equipped with lit mirrors, open costume racks, men's and women's washrooms and showers, and a removable room divider. The undivided dressing room accommodates 20 individuals.
Patron Seating Capacity
- Covered fixed-seating for 1,133 patrons including wheelchair seating in multiple locations.
- Festival seating for 3,167 is available on grassy slopes, for a total capacity of 4,300 patrons.
- Located at the back of the amphitheatre.
- Can accommodate a semi-trailer.
- For active loading and unloading only. No vehicles are permitted to be stationary in this location as it is an emergency access route.
- Located in William Hawrelak Park
- Main parking lot accommodates 320 vehicles
- Additional parking is available throughout the park for a total of 900 vehicles
- Fifteen parking stalls are available next to the amphitheatre
- Men's washroom with 6 stalls including 1 wheelchair accessible stall
- Women's washroom with 11 stalls including 1 wheelchair accessible stall
- Baby change table in both the men's and women's washrooms
- Four concrete pads are available for food, beverage and merchandise vending
- Each concrete pad has 4x20 amp 110V electrical outlets and 1x50 amp 220V outlet 2
- Concrete pads offer water supply and grey water disposal
Heritage Amphitheatre User Guide
For site maps, detailed specifications and guidelines, and general facility information:
Download Heritage Amphitheatre User Guide
9330 Groat Road, Edmonton, Alberta