Accessing the Beach
Please exercise caution when accessing the area. The entry point to the beach is not a maintained recreational trail.
Parking will be limited to residents with a valid permit south of 98 Avenue (between 91 Street and 96A Street).
Please note: 98A Avenue is now a one-way eastbound between 96A Street to 95 Street to address traffic flow.
- Parking on the north side of 98A Avenue will be limited to two hours, between 8am to 10pm, Monday to Sunday (May to September, inclusive)
- The south side of 98A Avenue will be resident only parking with valid permit
Unrestricted beach parking is available on roadways adjacent to green spaces along the southern portion of the neighbourhood (Folkfest site, Community League site and adjacent to the Bennett Centre).
Cloverdale Hill Shared Use Path has been designated as a beach parking zone however, parking will remain closed until Thursday July 12, 2018 or until barricades are installed.
Reduced Speed Limit
The following measures are now in place for traffic and pedestrian safety awareness:
- Temporary speed reduction from 60 to 50 km/h along 98 Avenue between 91 Street and 96A street
- Speed displays to notify drivers of a reduced speed limit zone and to improve speed compliance
- Zebra pedestrian crosswalk markings and yellow flex posts along the centre line on either side of the the standard marked crosswalk at 96 Street
The speed limit change will be part of a one-year pilot project to assess the effectiveness of the speed reduction along 98 Avenue.
Using the Beach
Swimming is not recommended and may pose a drowning hazard. There may be other hazards like debris in the sand or water, rapidly changing water levels, strong or unpredictable currents, and water may not meet recreational water quality guidelines.
Portable toilets, additional garbage cans and bike racks are available on the maintained trail near the beach.
Peace Officers, Park Rangers and Edmonton Police Service will be actively patrolling the area.
Please respect the surrounding parkland, pick up after yourself and be a good neighbour!