Proposed Rezoning and Road Closure
A planning application (map) has been received for rezoning of land north of 111 Avenue between 102 and 106 Streets. The specific addresses included in this application are:
- 10410 111 Avenue NW
- 11118, 11124, 11125, 11128, 11132, 11136, 11144, 11148, 11154, 11160 and 11164 105 Street NW
- 11119, 11129, 11133, 11137, 11145, 11149, 11155, 11157, and 11161 106 Street NW
The application proposes to rezone the properties from Small Scale Infill Development Zone (RF3) and Urban Services Zone (US) to a Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2). The proposed DC2 Provision is to allow for the expansion and redevelopment of the Capital Care Norwood facility. This expansion includes:
- Construction of a new main facility with a height of approximately 7 storeys
- Demolition of the existing North Pavilion building and CHOICE Day Centre
- Extensive renovations to the Angus McGugan Pavilion (AMP)
The proposal includes the closure and consolidation of a portion of 105 Street NW and two lanes to allow for the expansion of the site.
Public Engagement Session
Citizens are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about the proposed rezoning, road closure and redevelopment of Capital Care Norwood located north of the Royal Alexandra Hospital.
Date: Monday October 15, 2018
Location: Capital Care Norwood (Auditorium), 10410 111 Avenue NW
Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to Public Hearing for a decision.
Artistic Rendering of Proposed Redevelopment
Capital Care Norwood
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA18-0325 and LDA18-0361
Planner: Email Ania Schoof or call 780-508-9210 for more information.