Proposed Rezoning and Road Closure
A planning application (map) has been received for rezoning of land north of 111 Avenue between 102 and 106 Streets. The specific addresses included in this application are:
- 10410 111 Avenue NW
- 11118, 11124, 11125, 11128, 11132, 11136, 11144, 11148, 11154, 11160 and 11164 105 Street NW
- 11119, 11129, 11133, 11137, 11145, 11149, 11155, 11157, and 11161 106 Street NW
The application proposes to rezone the properties from Small Scale Infill Development Zone (RF3) and Urban Services Zone (US) to a Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2). The proposed DC2 Provision is to allow for the expansion and redevelopment of the Capital Care Norwood facility. This expansion includes:
- Construction of a new main facility with a height of approximately 7 storeys
- Demolition of the existing North Pavilion building and CHOICE Day Centre
- Extensive renovations to the Angus McGugan Pavilion (AMP)
The proposal includes the closure and consolidation of a portion of 105 Street NW and two lanes to allow for the expansion of the site.
Public Engagement Session
Citizens were invited to a drop-in engagement session, held on October 15, 2018, to learn more about the proposed rezoning, road closure and redevelopment of Capital Care Norwood located north of the Royal Alexandra Hospital.
Artistic Rendering of Proposed Redevelopment
Capital Care Norwood
City Council Public Hearing Date: Monday December 10, 2018
Reference File Number: LDA18-0325 and LDA18-0361
Planner: Email Ania Schoof or call 780-508-9210 for more information.