About The Application
The proposed DC2 Provision would allow for a high-density residential tower with the following characteristics:
- a maximum height of 98 metres (approximately 32 storeys)
- a maximum of 305 dwellings
- a maximum Floor Area Ratio of 11.0
- ground level commercial uses fronting Jasper Avenue NW
- ground level townhouse style dwellings fronting 123 Street NW
- parking provided underground with access from the lane
In addition, an associated application has been made to amend the Oliver Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) to change current policy that does not support the development of this intensity at this location.
Policy Number 5.5.1(8.) is proposed to be amended, as it currently only directs a portion of the site as an appropriate location for a mixed-use high rise building. Additionally, Map 6 will need to be amended to reflect the proposed zoning.