The proposed rezoning is from (DC1) Direct Development Control Provisions - Oliver ARP Area 1 to a (DC2) Site Specific Development Control Provision.
The proposed DC2 Provision would allow for the development of a high rise tower with the following characteristics:
- A residential tower approximately 54 metres (approximately 17 storeys) in height
- A maximum of 138 dwellings
- A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 7.0
- Row-housing style dwellings fronting onto 102 Avenue, 121 Street and the adjacent lane
- Limited commercial uses at the corner of the102 Avenue and 121 Street
- Underground parking
In addition, an associated application has been made to amend the Oliver Area Redevelopment Plan to amend current policy that does not support development of this intensity at this location.
Policy 126.96.36.199 directs development within this Sub-Area to be developed as a variety of built forms from single detached dwellings to low rise apartment structures. This policy is proposed to be amended to allow for a residential tower with row-house style units as a base.