- Before you use fireworks, always check Alberta Fire Bans to find out if there is a fire ban in effect.
- Before you use fireworks, check the weather conditions to ensure the wind conditions are safe.
- Follow all of the instructions for the safe use of the fireworks. Pay special attention to personal and public safety measures.
- Follow all of the restrictions for storage and use to ensure that the firework performs as expected.
- Have a responsible adult handle and discharge the fireworks.
- Keep fireworks and sparklers away from children.
- Always have a proper fire extinguisher and a supply of water nearby when using fireworks.
In order to use fireworks within Edmonton, you are required to have a Fireworks Permit. Once you have your permit, please follow these fireworks safety tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.