- Before you use fireworks, always check Alberta Fire Bans to find out if there is a fire ban in effect
- Before you use fireworks, check the weather conditions to ensure the wind conditions are safe
- Follow all the instructions for the safe use of the fireworks. Pay special attention to personal and public safety measures
- Follow all the restrictions for storage and use, to ensure that the firework performs as expected
- Have a responsible adult handle and discharge the fireworks
- Keep fireworks and sparklers away from children
- Always have a proper fire extinguisher and a supply of water nearby when using fireworks
In order to use fireworks within Edmonton, you are required to have a Fireworks Permit. It is recommended to apply for a permit at least 5 working days in advance of an event as a number of conditions may be challenging to meet in a short period of time.
Edmonton Fire Rescue Services encourages the public to attend community or civic fireworks events as a safer alternative to personal use. If you have obtained a permit for personal use, please follow all fireworks safety tips and conditions below to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Please Note: Persons discharging, firing or setting off fireworks within the City of Edmonton limits are required to call the Fire Rescue Services Dispatch Centre at 780-414-7332 a minimum of 30-45 minutes prior to the discharge of fireworks.