Downtown Edmonton is changing. Projects, including the refurbished Legislature Grounds, Ice District and LRT projects, are attracting more development, businesses and people.
As Downtown grows, the size, quality, location and connectivity of public places, including our open spaces, parks and plazas, becomes more important.
We are developing the Downtown Public Places Plan to:
- Turn Downtown public places into comfortable, memorable, attractive destinations and spaces
- Improve and leverage existing and new connections between Downtown and the River Valley
- Provide strategic direction for open space development, design and programming in Downtown
- Focus on the quality, functionality, connectivity and supply of open spaces
- Provide design recommendations for developments impacting open spaces