The Legacy Program is now accepting applications but space is limited. Please follow the Donor Application Process.
A distinctive way to pay tribute to individuals or groups through memorial benches at Muttart Conservatory or one of Edmonton's golf courses.
About the Program
The Legacy Program is a distinctive way to pay tribute to individuals or groups with a commemorative plaque placed on a bench at a City of Edmonton Golf Course (Riverside Golf Course, Rundle Park Golf Course and Victoria Golf Course and Driving Range) or in the Muttart Conservatory.
Reasons to participate in the Legacy Program:
- Honour the memory of a family member or friend
- Create a living legacy
- Celebrate a memorable event, such as a birthday, engagement or anniversary
- Recognize an accomplishment
Throughout the process, you will work with the legacy program coordinator for assistance with site selection, donation steps, project completion and refurbishment after installation.
New benches with commemorative plaques are available for a donation of $4,200 and will be displayed for a period of 10 years from the date of installation. Prior to the end of this commemoration period, the Donor can submit a renewal application to request that the City continue to display the plaque under the Legacy Program for an additional fee. Please see Legacy Program Guidelines for a comprehensive outline of the program.
For more information on the Legacy program, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Donor Application Process
- Research program details on the Legacy website
- Consider Muttart Conservatory or one of the City of Edmonton golf facilities:
- Rundle Park
- Victoria Golf Course and Victoria Driving Range
- Contact the program coordinator by phoning 311, or by using the online inquiry form
- The program coordinator will respond and discuss availability and suitability
- The program coordinator will send you the application form if you want to proceed
- The coordinator may approve your application immediately if an existing bench is selected OR
- New outdoor bench projects will require circulation and approval and this process may take up to three months
- Once feedback is received from the circulation with stakeholders and approval is given, the program coordinator will move forward with the application
- At the same time, the program coordinator will work with you to develop a proof for your commemorative plaque
- The program coordinator will send a confirmation email with the approved location, plaque proof and invoice
- Please respond to the confirmation email and pay the invoice within 30 days of receipt
- Once your payment has been received, the program coordinator will schedule the installation and order the plaque; plaque production takes 4-6 weeks
- Installations take place in May to October
- Once the installation is complete, the program coordinator will email you an update with a photo of the completed installation
- Your 10-year Commemorative Period will begin upon installation
Your name and contact information is collected under authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and is protected in accordance with the Act's privacy provisions. This information is used by the City of Edmonton to distribute information to you. If you have questions about the collection or use of this information, contact the Legacy Program Coordinator by phoning 311, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.