Applicants must be an organization, association, society or non-profit agency.
Murals are an effective way to create a sense of belonging, animation and character in neighbourhoods. Artist murals contrast the concrete and asphalt while eliminating blank walls that often encourage unwanted behaviours.
Capital City Cleanup has partnered with nonprofits and provided grant funding to have over 30 murals installed throughout our City. This year, we continue these efforts by offering a Community Mural Grant for up to a maximum of $5,000. This funding can be used for consultations, artist services, paint supplies, anti-graffiti coating or other needs associated with the creation and installation of a mural.
Community Mural Grant Qualifications
- The grant application must be submitted by July 15.
- Grant applicants must be non-profit organizations.
- Location of the mural must be an external wall or asset, with high visibility.
- The location of the mural must be on private property and not City of Edmonton property (Community League buildings are permitted).
- 25% of the requested funding must be matched through finances, donations, or in-kind contributions towards the mural project’s total cost. This contribution may include staff labour, mural supplies or cash towards the mural project. For example, if the mural organizers request $5,000 from the City, they would be expected to contribute at least an additional $1,250 towards the mural total cost.
- City sponsored Community Murals are meant to beautify neighbourhoods and not for advertising, political or offensive/hateful purposes. A development permit is required if you intend to incorporate text within your mural. Development permits can be obtained by visiting Permits, Development and Construction.
- Submit receipts, photos and any permits by November 30.
Please review theprior to submitting your application.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
You will need your city of Edmonton Grants Account ID, registered organization, and applicant email to apply.
Applications will be accepted starting April 1, 2022