Edmonton’s resiliency is possible through the extensive and collaborative efforts of community groups and non-profits to deliver a wide range of public social services. To learn more, please call 211 or visit this provincial directory of the community, health, social and governmental organizations and services.  

The information will be updated as new information becomes available. Please check back regularly for updates.

Gender-Based and Family Violence Prevention

Alberta Government / AHS Family Violence During COVID-19 Fact Sheet

  • 24 Hr Family Violence Info Line: 780-310-1818
  • Chat Online alberta.ca/SafetyChat (8am - 8pm)
  • Children’s Services: 1-800-387-5437
Mental Health Supports

Like physical health challenges, mental health challenges can take many forms. Every individual has unique experiences, personal traits, and responsibilities that affect their day to day activities. Sometimes balancing all the components of our lives can become too much—and that is okay. 

There are resources available to individuals who are seeking help or wanting to talk to someone:

  • Call 911 if in immediate danger
  • Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
    • Distress line: 780-482-HELP (4357)
  • Call 211 for information and referrals to connect to social, health and government services
  • Alberta Health Services Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642
  • Alberta Health Services - Addiction and Mental Health
    • Community Urgent Services and Stabilization Team: 780-342-7777
    • Children’s Mental Health Crisis Line: 780-427-4491
    • AHS Addictions Helpline: 1-866-332-2322
  • Visit Canadian Mental Health Association or AHS Help in Tough Times for additional resources.
Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board

The Landlord-Tenant Advisory Board (LTAB) provides advice and information to residential tenants and landlords to address tenancy issues and ensure both tenants and landlords are aware of their rights and obligations pursuant to the Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Homes Sites Tenancies Act:

  •  For advice and information, please call 780-496-5959 Ext.1
  •  To order forms, please call 780-496-5959 Ext. 2
  •  You may also contact us at our email address: ltab@edmonton.ca
Support for Vulnerable Populations

City of Edmonton, Homeward Trust and community partners’ COVID-19 resources for vulnerable populations:

Financial Support for Individuals

You Can Benefit is an online tool that provides citizens with easy web and mobile access to information on local, municipal, provincial and federal benefits. Check to see if you qualify for any of these benefits. To get started, visit youcanbenefit.edmonton.ca

You may also wish to sign up to receive information on financial resources and the latest updates on the current COVID-19 municipal, provincial and federal emergency support. To subscribe to the Earn Build and Save newsletter, visit edmonton.ca/financialempowerment.

Edmonton Financial Empowerment Collaborative provides information about resources and supports to help visitors to the site earn, save and build towards a stable and secure financial future.

Community Gardens

Community gardens will be open this year. Guidelines for how to safely practice physical distancing in your local community gardens will be linked here (edmonton.ca/communitygardens) when they are available.

How You Can Help

Volunteer Connector – COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities

Canada Helps: COVID-19 Charity List – A list of charities fighting COVID-19 across the world

Alberta Non-profit Network (ABNN) COVID-19 Resources – Advocacy and fundraising resources

ECVO COVID-19 Resource Portal – Advocacy and sharing resources

Canada Revenue Agency – Information on donating and charities

Alberta Bits and Pieces Program - equipment, manufacturing, or service provisions to support the public health response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. 

Health Information

Every Edmontonian has a role to play in stopping the spread of COVID-19. The Government of Alberta has provided a number of ways that you can help prevent the spread.

COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool - Self-assessment tool to be used if you have concerns about your health and require some assistance to determine if you need to be tested

Taking Care of Your Mental Health (COVID-19) - Public Health Agency of Canada

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak Update - Public Health Agency of Canada provides updates on the current situation, symptoms, treatments, etc.

Active For Life, Alberta Active After School, and Be Fit For Life offer many activities for individuals and families to stay active.

Provincial Resources

211 Alberta -  List of COVID-19 Related Resources is a provincial directory of community, health, social and governmental organizations and services.

COVID-19 Information

Child care during COVID-19: Information on child care closures, and options for essential service workers and home-based child care providers.

Utility payment deferral: Individuals, families and businesses can defer utility payments until June 19, 2020, to lessen the financial burden associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.

Provincial supports for employers - Includes information on funding and supportive measures for local businesses, employers and employees.

Consumer Protection: If you see prices for products or services in Alberta skyrocket because of COVID-19, you can report it through our Report-a-Ripoff submission form or by calling 1-877-427-4088.

Landlords and Tenants in Alberta: COVID-19 Information for Alberta Landlords and Tenants Rent Payment Plans