66 Street Tunnel Renewal/NAIT Station Closure
From April 28 to August 30 (excluding K-Days), crews will be completing revitalization work on the 66 Street tunnel between Coliseum and Belvedere stations, including track replacement and work on the overhead catenary system. As a result, from 5am-7pm on weekdays, Capital and Metro Line trains will run every 12 minutes between Churchill and Clareview, and Churchill and Kingsway, respectively. Trains will run every 6 minutes between Century Park and Churchill. On weekends and after 7pm on weekdays, Capital and Metro Line trains run every 15 minutes.
Until August 25, LRT service is suspended to NAIT.
To access the LRT from NAIT or to get to NAIT, customers can take bus routes 8 or 9. These bus routes typically run every 15 minutes and include the following bus stops:
- #1075 (105 St and 118 Ave WB)
- #1476 (106 St and 118 Ave EB)
- #1532 (106 St/118 Ave loop/NAIT loop)- Route 9 only
- #1227 (106 St and 117 Ave NB) #1223 (106 St and 117 Ave SB)
To help accommodate NAIT students, ETS will operate a day-time shuttle train to NAIT LRT Station from August 26-30. Take the Metro Line to Kingsway/Royal Alex Station and then walk across the platform to board the special NAIT shuttle. It runs every 12 minutes between 6:13am and 4:30pm and is timed to connect with Metro Line trains.
After 4:30pm, customers will need to use Routes 8 and 9 from Kingsway/RAH Transit Centre to get to NAIT.
Regular Metro Line service to NAIT Station resumes on August 31.
Platform Warning Tile Improvements
ETS will be upgrading platform warning tile at five outdoor LRT stations:
- Clareview: starts on May 17
- Kingsway/Royal Alex: starts on June 7
- MacEwan: starts on June 29
- Southgate: starts on August 2
- Health Sciences/Jubilee: starts on August 16
- Please note there is ongoing preliminary platform repair work at Health Sciences/Jubilee station until mid-August. While work is underway, the south street-level entrance will be closed. Please use the street-level entrance at the north side of the platform.
This work occurs on weekends and during evening service on weekdays (after 7pm). To complete the upgrades, there may be minimal service delays as trains pull into the station (five minutes or less). For Health Sciences/Jubilee, Metro Line trains only run from Grandin/Government Centre to Kingsway/Royal Alex while work is underway.
Trains should maintain the regular 15-minute frequency, except for special event days, when trains run every 12 minutes. If that changes, updates will be communicated on this page and on social media.