Century Park Gets a New Look
Starting Thursday December 1, the current free parking section is moving to a new, paved location at Century Park due to private landowner development on the existing free parking site. The new site holds the same number of free stalls as the existing free parking section.
- Paved parking lot
- Paved walkway to bus transit centre and LRT station
- Installed light fixtures
- CCTV security cameras
- Blue emergency help phone
The number of free stalls in the new section remains the same but free parking is still limited. Customers are encouraged to:
- Join the waitlist for a paid stall
- Arrive early
- Take a bus to the LRT station
Use free parking with express bus service from Lewis Farms bus transit centre (87 Avenue west of Anthony Henday Drive) or the Davies Lot (86 Street & 61 Avenue).
Transit Centre Improvements
West Edmonton Mall
West Edmonton Mall transit centre is getting a new look. The changes will enhance safety, access, and site beautification.
To complete construction, bus stops on the centre island are closed.
- Replacing transit centre, including safety enhancements (more security cameras, improved sight lights within transit centre, better outdoor lighting, redesigning sidewalks )
- Increased comfort (doubling size of indoor heated waiting area, added seating)
- Site beautification (public art installation, building design and platform improvements)
Construction is expected to last until early 2017.