Kim Petrin, Kent Snyder and Jeff Chase — Edmonton Construction Association: Breaking Ground — Summer 2021
- How Edmonton can improve equity with urban planning?
Mark Connolly and Tara McCarthy — CBC Edmonton — June 18, 2021
- Who gets to live by the park? Planners question how equitable Edmonton’s zoning rules really are
Elise Stolte — Edmonton Journal — June 17, 2021
- Yes, in my backyard: How urban planning must shift to meet our post-pandemic challenges
Alex Bozikovic — The Globe and Mail — March 6, 2021
- A more equitable Edmonton: UAlberta scientist leads review of zoning bylaws through lens of human rights
Katie Willis — Faculty of Science, University of Alberta — March 8, 2021
- Yes, remnants of discriminatory urban planning remain
Angela Wright — The Globe and Mail — May 25, 2021
- Planning and Social Equity and Diversity
Canadian Institute of Planners — Webinar — October 8, 2020
- Public Spaces are essential – but not yet equal
Robin Mazumder — City Monitor — November 30, 2020
Your feedback, insights, and experiences are important to us, and will help us shape the new Zoning Bylaw. Get involved with upcoming engagement activities — or read up on previous input and how that has set the direction for this initiative.
Current Public Engagement Opportunities
City-wide engagement is being planned for January to March of 2022. Please use this short survey to indicate if you have any questions about upcoming engagement, or want to share your thoughts on how we could engage with you. Sign up for our newsletter to be notified of future engagement opportunities.
Visit Technical Studies and Guiding Reports for a full list of reports.