Be one of the dedicated volunteers who have helped to grow Edmonton’s urban forest!
Our Guided Planting Events can help your group meet your environmental and community service targets, while having a fun day in nature!
We will supply your group with:
- A Program Leader who will provide your group with a planting demonstration, safety talk, and interesting facts about Edmonton's urban forest
- Native tree and shrub seedlings
- Planting shovels
You get to choose:
- Size of group (10 to 100 people)
- Planting date based on availability
- Planting site from a list of pre-approved locations
The Day of Your Event
All of the supplies will be ready on site. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing, wear close-toed sturdy shoes, and remember to bring some water and sunscreen! Lastly, make sure someone has a camera to capture your great day in the trees!
Guided planting events are scheduled for two hours - please inquire about the option for longer events.
Did you already take part in a tree planting program?
We would like to hear about your experience. A new survey will open after May 24. We welcome you to complete the survey and tell us about your tree planting event! You will have a chance to win a prize!
Interested in a Group Planting Event?
Planting events run between May 24 - October 14, 2017