Be one of the dedicated volunteers who have helped to grow Edmonton’s urban forest!
Our Guided Planting Events can help your group meet your environmental and community service targets, while having a fun day in nature!
We will supply your group with:
- A Program Leader who will provide your group with a planting demonstration, safety talk, and interesting facts about Edmonton's urban forest
- Native tree and shrub seedlings
- Planting shovels
You get to choose:
- Size of group (10 to 100 people)
- Planting date based on availability
- Planting site from a list of pre-approved locations
The Day of Your Event
All of the supplies will be ready on site. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing, wear close-toed sturdy shoes, and remember to bring some water and sunscreen! Lastly, make sure someone has a camera to capture your great day in the trees!
Guided planting events are scheduled for two hours - please inquire about the option for longer events.
Planting Sites Map
Find directions, photos of the planting sites, information about the tree stand, and more on the interactive map.
Did you already take part in a tree planting program?
We would like to hear about your experience. A new survey will open after May 24. We welcome you to complete the survey and tell us about your tree planting event! You will have a chance to win a prize!
Interested in a Group Planting Event?
Planting events run between May - October