We have reduced in-person services. This includes Edmonton Service Centre located at the Edmonton Tower and other locations, which are closed. This is to protect everyone’s health and safety. Learn how you can still access services at edmonton.ca/ServiceChanges
The City will provide a zoning confirmation letter, upon receiving an application, which will verify the property's zoning.
The zoning of a property determines what kinds of structures may be built. For example, a land owner may want to remove an existing structure and build a duplex or a four-plex on the property. Zoning confirmation gives the owner details of what may be built on their land.
Research to verify zoning online
The 2020 zoning confirmation fee is $114, effective January 1, 2020.
- After submitting a request, we will assess the information and indicate what the zoning is for the address documented in the application request.
- A letter is written, indicating that we have received your request for the property in question and what the zoning result is for the property.
Our office cannot give zoning information over the phone.
However, you may visit our office and speak with a development officer to confirm the zoning of a property at no charge.
To apply, fill in the Zoning Confirmation application form, or provide a letter indicating:
- Applicant's name, address, phone number (include fax number if applicable)
- The property's municipal address including the legal description (plan number, block and lot as shown on your tax notice) which requires zoning identification
- Details on how you would like us to respond (either by mail or to contact you for pick up)
- All application fees