The John Janzen Nature Centre is remaining closed until the winter of 2021. The facility is undergoing a refresh in partnership with the Edmonton Nature Centres Foundation. All visits and programs are currently suspended, including birthday parties, school and group programs, drop-in activities and day camps. Check MoveLearnPlay and this website for updated information as we get closer to reopening this winter.
Climb a birch tree and hang out underground in a squirrel's midden. Get busy as a bee with our live bee hive and build your own flower to pollinate. These are just some of the things you can do in the Tegler Discovery Zone.
This indoor play space re-creates local wildlife habitat in a way that allows children to learn about nature through play.
Crawling and climbing structures are designed for children up to age 10, although all ages are welcome to explore the rest of the Tegler Discovery Zone.
Hours and Admission
Drop in anytime during nature centre hours. Regular admission applies.
View Hours and Admission
Discovery Zone Guidelines
- Area is for ages 10 years and younger
- The Tegler Discovery Zone is not staffed. Adults are required to stay in the play area with their child/children
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the play space
- Socks must be worn in the Tegler Discovery Zone. Bare feet and shoes/sandals are not permitted. If you arrive at the nature centre without socks, you may purchase them here. For more information, see Hours and Admission
- Please be aware that there are multiple ages in the play space
- Based on attendance, staff may limit access to the play space
- In case of emergency please contact the front desk for assistance