- Now offering specialized Programs for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) at City of Edmonton Recreation Facilities city-wide (previously only at ACT and Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre).
- You are now eligible to use your LAP membership for all registered programs
- The Adult Leisure Dances (Rockin in Rundle, Senior Leisure Dance, and SURF Zumba) are now Drop-In. No registration required, and will be free with your (LAP) Annual Pass.
- Programs will now run year-round (Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall)
Our programs are designed for persons with developmental disabilities. Participants who require close supervision, individual attention or who have medical concerns must come with a personal care attendant.
Beginning in January 2019, Social Unique Recreation Fun (SURF) programs is undergoing a name change to Persons With Disabilities (PWD) programs.
PWD Program Updates
You will still be able to register for your programs via 311 or by visiting your local City of Edmonton Rec Centre.
Information & Registration sessions will be offered each season to provide assistance with the registration process.
DATS and Leisure Access Program (LAP) representatives will be available to assist with the LAP registration process and information on subscription bookings.
Along with our continued programming out of ACT Aquatic & Recreation Centre we are expanding the PWD specific programs into Recreation Facilities across Edmonton including:
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
- Mill Woods Recreation Centre