Commemorative programs are currently under review. The City recently held several public engagement sessions to hear from existing donors and Edmontonians on the future of these programs. We are currently reviewing all of the feedback and will be sharing our recommendations with Council early in the new year.
The Legacy Program is a distinctive way to pay tribute to individuals or groups by:
- Sponsoring a carousel horse at Fort Edmonton Park's midway
- Adopting an animal at the Valley Zoo
- Plant a commemorative tree in a City park
- Donating a bench at one of Edmonton's golf courses
Reasons to participate in the Legacy Program:
- Honour the memory of a family member or friend
- Create a living legacy
- Celebrate a memorable event, such as a birthday, engagement or anniversary
- Recognize an accomplishment
Participating commemorative facilities:
- Commonwealth Stadium
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Golf courses
- John Janzen Nature Centre
- John Walter Museum
- Muttart Conservatory
- Recreation centres
- Seniors' centres
- Valley Zoo
How to get started:
Set up a consultation to discuss commemorative options by phoning 311.
After an on-site meeting to determine the location of your commemorative item, a formal agreement will be prepared. Once the agreement is signed and payment has been received, the commemorative item will be ordered and installed.