- Get to know the grant purpose, policy and guidelines
- Read the grant guide for each grant program to ensure you qualify
- Ensure you have your Account ID and registered organization email with the City of Edmonton Grants Office
The Emerging Immigrant and Refugee Community (EIRC) Grant Program aligns with the City of Edmonton’s interest in supporting immigrant and refugee communities who are new to Edmonton and in the process of settling and integrating. EIRC Grants provide assistance to:
- Rent space
- Host community events
- Strengthen cultural identity and pride
- Partner and collaborate with other community not-for-profit organizations to address gaps in existing programs and services
The City of Edmonton is currently in the process of reviewing The Emerging Immigrant and Refugee Community Grant Program
Effective January 01, 2020
The Space Rental Subsidy will continue to be available.
Community Event Grants will be available for events that happened in 2019 if an application is submitted within 90 days of the event.
All other EIRC grants will be on pause until results of the review are considered.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For more information about the available grants, please contact the Grants office.
- Call: 780-496-4933
- Email email@example.com
For more information about the Grant Review, please contact Janna Plewes at 780-944-7445.
With our online grant applications, you will need two pieces of information to apply to any grant program:
- Your City of Edmonton grants assigned account ID
- Your organization or applicant email that is registered with the City of Edmonton Grants Office
To create or retrieve your City of Edmonton account ID:
- Fill out the Account ID Request Form and a city employee will get back to you within 2 business days with your account information
If you have any issues with the online application form, please call the Grants Office for assistance at 780-496-4933.
Once you enter your Account ID and Organization email, your account information will automatically populate on the application. If you noticed that your information is not correct in our system (for example, an address change or main contact change), please contact our office as soon as possible to update your account. Incorrect information can result in a delay or inability to process your grant request.
To update your account: