Note: Many City of Edmonton grant applications have moved to online submissions.
The City of Edmonton Community Investment Operating Grant program provides operating assistance to Edmonton's non-profit organizations whose activities benefit citizens of Edmonton.
You will need your City of Edmonton Grants Account ID and registered organization or applicant email to apply. If you do not know your account ID please complete the Account ID request form or call the grants office (780-496-4933), and someone will contact you within 2 business days.
Have you already started an application?so you do not have to start over.
Your organization’s primary mandate must fall under one of the following:
- Social Services - social programs and activities that help Edmontonians to strengthen personal or community life.
- Multicultural - promote individual and group relations, in which ethnic, racial, religious and language similarities and differences are valued, respected and shared.
- Recreation/Amateur Sport - those activities and experiences in which individuals choose to participate in their leisure time, such as: athletic, physical, historical, cultural, social and intellectual activities.
As well, your organization must:
- Be a not-for-profit organization registered for at least a year
- Have the majority of its participants living in Edmonton
- Provide direct ongoing programs and services that improve quality of life primarily for Edmontonians
- Accomplish an adequate level of activity to merit a grant
- Address the CIOG priorities and guidelines through their programs and services
- Have open membership except for valid program factors (for example - age)
- Use the grant to further the applicant’s mandate as outlined in its constitutional documents
- Demonstrate sound board and financial governance practices. Examples of unsound governance practices could include having a board member also in a paid staff role within the organization, lack of financial controls / review
- Demonstrate initiative and success in generating diverse sources of funding
- Submit application and required documents by the deadline
- Have year-end financial statements that follow generally accepted accounting principles for not-for-profit organizations
The 2018 Community Investment Operating Grant Applications are now available. The application deadline is October 13, 2017, at 11:59pm.
Have you already started an application? Search for your application so you do not have to start over.
Need to start a new application? Start a brand new application.
Please complete the following attachments and include them in your online application.
CIOG Information Sessions
Information sessions will not be held this year. If you have any questions regarding how to fill out your application, please contact the grants office at 780-496-4933 or email email@example.com
Eligible organizations may receive up to 25% of their eligible operating expenses of the previous fiscal year. The maximum grant award will not exceed $20,000.
Grant awards are calculated by a formula taking into account the amount in the grant budget, the number of applicants, and the eligible operating expenses of the applicants.