The application process is in two parts. The first is to fill out the form below. Once you submit, it is important that you check the email that will be sent to you, it will include a list of the documentation that is also required. Those documents will then need to be emailed to the City.
The Not for Profit Affordable Housing Tax Grant is managed jointly by the City of Edmonton’s Social Development Branch and Assessment and Taxation Branch. The program is intended to offset annual municipal property taxes for affordable housing providers. Please see the program guide for more information.
- Non-profit affordable housing
- Must have an existing government agreement stipulating affordable housing for:
- A defined period of time
- OR the rent charged is a maximum of 80 percent of the open market rental rate or less than 30 percent of the pre-tax gross household income
- OR must be willing to enter into such an agreement with the City of Edmonton
If you have any inquiries regarding the Tax Grant Application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of the land title or lease of this site
- Certificate of Incorporation - If an extra-provincially registered organization, please also provide your Certificate of Extra-Provincial Registration
- If created by an Act of Provincial Legislature or Parliament, a full copy of the Act;
- Current registered bylaws;
- A full copy of the organization’s most recent audited financial statements. Please note that the City of Edmonton expects organizations to complete financial statements within six months from their fiscal/corporate year-end. Stale financial statements will not be accepted;
- The most recent Annual Return on file. Preferably within two years from the date of the grant application;
- If applicable, Memorandums of Association and Articles of Incorporation.