It can happen to anyone. Family violence and partner abuse can happen in all cultural, racial and religious groups and at all income levels. Women, children and men can be victims of family violence.
We can help. Family violence services are free to all Edmontonians.
Stand Together - End the Silence - Stop the Violence
An opportunity to talk to a professional social worker about your personal situation and concerns
Assistance connecting with resources you need
Counselling for individuals who have experienced control, violence or abuse in their intimate partner relationships
- Referrals to appropriate community programs for individuals who are concerned about their abusive behaviours toward family members or intimate partners
Domestic Abuse High Risk Team
DAHRT is a partnership between social workers from City of Edmonton Citizen Services and Edmonton Police Service. The team:
- Contacts victims after there has been a police report of domestic violence.
- Assesses risk and provides safety options and support to victims.
- Makes recommendations to the court for bail and sentencing
- Partners with other agencies to assist victims.
- Family Violence Support Groups
Family Violence Support Groups
The City of Edmonton offers a variety of registered and drop-in groups for those who have experienced control, abuse or violence in an intimate partner relationship. All groups are facilitated by professional social workers. There is no cost to attend and free childcare is available for most groups.