Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a unique 80/20 funding partnership between the Government of Alberta and participating municipalities or Métis Settlements. Provincially, the FCSS Program receives its mandate from the.
The Regulation sets out the service requirements that a municipality or Métis Settlement must meet to be eligible for funding.
Section 2.1(2)(b) states: “Services under a program must do one or more of the following:
- Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis.
- Help people to develop an awareness of social needs.
- Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people.
- Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them.
- Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community."
For more information, visit the Government of Alberta, Human Services site:
The grant is currently offered only to organizations in the FCSS program.
Applications for funding are not being accepted at this time from organizations who are not in the program.
For more information, see Family and Community Support Services Grant.