Complete guide to project phases, including strategy, concept, design, build, and operate.
About the Guide
The Community Group Led Construction Projects Guide is intended to support not-for-profit organizations such as community leagues and other community organizations in developing or redeveloping community amenities.
The guide will help your group develop a construction project from idea through to completion. The guide applies to projects:
- Led by and operated when completed by the community group
- That are located within City spaces and defined by a license, lease or agreement
- That require City approval and that follow City process when alterations are made to a facility or space, as per the terms of their license, lease, or agreement with the City
The roadmap is a visual overview of the different phases, including:
Park and Facility Development Process
The guide covers the process for park and facility development and identifies the activities, deliverables, requirements, roles and responsibilities for each phase of a construction project.
The process ensures that:
- All legal and legislative requirements are met
- The project aligns with both the City’s and community group’s plans and initiatives
- Stakeholders are consulted throughout the process, ensuring community support
- Project approvals are documented
- Projects are planned, developed and constructed in an efficient and timely manner
- Projects are viable, now and in the future, ensuring long term sustainability
City staff supports the development of deliverables, reviews project submissions, and recommends approvals or changes throughout the project process. Staff includes:
- City liaison (neighbourhood recreation coordinator, sport and partner liaison, multicultural liaison, community building social worker, and so on)
- City planner
- City project coordinator