To protect the health of transit employees and customers, ETS made several adjustments to its routes and schedules to ensure physical distancing. Buses and LRT are running on their Saturday schedules. ETS has made the following adjustments to help essential workers and other customers making essential trips:
Saturday Schedule Adjustments
- Adding more buses, where possible, during the AM and PM peak times on busy routes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 15, 17, 112 and 136
- Buses were added on 10 routes that have weekday service but do not have service on Saturdays on routes 16 Express, 80, 83, 84, 92, 95, 122, 137, 182 and 331
Extra peak service schedule - Information about Enhanced Saturday service on weekdays (excludes statutory holidays).
When possible, buses will also be put on standby, for quick response to overcrowding or if there is unanticipated demand at various locations throughout the city. This gives ETS more flexibility and more opportunity to address issues as they arise.
ETS replaced the 30’ buses on community routes with 40’ buses with shields, when possible. Some minor route adjustments were made to allow larger buses to serve some community routes.
Community Route Adjustments
- Route 302 detouring away from Henwood Treatment Centre
- Route 303 detouring away from private property, resulting in stop closures at Northgate Centre, Shepherd’s Care Centre, Mary A Finlay Manor, Salvation Army Grace Manor, Casa Romana and Safeway Palisades Square/White Oaks Square
- Route 305
Will no longer travel onto Westmount Centre property. Instead, the route will travel east on 114 Avenue then south on Groat Road. Also, the route will no longer travel onto Jasper Gates Square property. Please use Bus Stop 5495 (Stony Plain Road eastbound and 150 Street) or Bus Stop 5437 (149 Street Northbound and 100 Avenue) to access Jasper Gates Square.
- Route 306 detouring to follow the path of Route 83 through Maple Ridge
- Route 307 detouring from Gateway Manor, 104 Avenue and 65 Street (Fulton Place) and 94 Avenue and 82 Street (Holyrood).
- Route 312 maintains current routing, but no longer goes into parking lots of Millennium Pavilion Seniors Lodge, St Michael's Long Term Care, and Londonderry Mall. Londonderry Village will need to use bus stop 7650 on 74 Street northbound at 138 Avenue
- Route 322
Will no longer travel onto Bonnie Doon Mall property. Instead customers can use existing bus stops along 83 Street. In addition, the existing bus stop at Montgomery Place will be closed and residents will need to use Bus Stop 2585 on 95 Avenue and Donnell Road.
- Route 340
Will no longer travel directly onto Millwoods Recreation Centre property. The nearest bus stops are now along 28 Avenue. For travel to or from South East Edmonton Seniors Association, Extendicare Holyrood or Golden Home, residents can use the bus stops on 85 Street between 93 Avenue and 98 Avenue.
Routes 126, 317, 318, 319 and 325 do not require a detour to operate with a larger bus.
Fares for bus, LRT, or DATS are suspended until further notice. Customers who do not need to use the ramp or need the bus to kneel are is asked to use the rear door.
Route 747 Suspended for all Travellers and Shoppers
Route 747 is suspended for use by all travellers and shoppers. However, Route 747 will remain in service as a charter service for regional, airport, outlet mall, and area employees only.
Reducing service now ensures ETS has the healthy staff needed to consistently and reliably run service across the city in the uncertain weeks ahead so most Edmontonians who need transit still have access to it. It also enables efficient use of resources given the significantly reduced demand due to school, post secondary closures and customers working from home.