Our leadership strategy includes you
The City of Edmonton is dedicated to supporting our leaders in their pursuit of continuous improvement and professional advancement. Our leadership strategy encourages success and includes the following programs:
Leadership Development Program
Professionals at the director level and above can enhance their most important skills through our unique leadership development program. Combining comprehensive coursework and personal instruction to create a powerful educational experience, this program is designed to:
- Promote the achievement of optimal results
- Improve leadership skills
- Encourage positive response to organizational change
- Develop top performers.
Leadership Speakers Series
Our leaders gather to share ideas, learn and offer input on issues facing the City on a semi-annual basis. General managers, branch managers and directors from all departments are encouraged to attend. Topics include:
- Understanding corporate opportunities related to each topic
- Impact upon management of operations
- Implications of the subject matter and its effects upon other professionals, including the need for change
- Lessons learned from other organizations
- A better understanding of senior management team goals.
Leadership Exchange Forum
Five times a year, our leadership exchange forum brings members of our extended leadership team together, including branch managers, general managers and our city manager. The objectives include:
- Exploration of leadership themes
- Communication and promotion of the priorities of the senior management team
- Sharing the city manager's expectations with the senior management team
- Sharing the extended leadership team's successes and ideas.