Application Request Information
Applications must be not-for-profit, community-focused and received at least three weeks prior to the requested date. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received and are considered on a case-by-case basis using the following criteria:
- Support an event of national or international significance (such as Canada Day or Edmonton hosting major international events)
- Support of a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit
- Support a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community (such as Treaty 6 Recognition Day or End Bullying Pink Shirt Day or World Cancer Day)
Other Recognized Lighting Events
- Acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as the Royal Family or international civic officials) hosted by our city
- Tributes or memorial requests for well-documented local or national figures or service members will complement existing City Protocol.
Multi-day requests will not be accepted. The City lights the bridge for each occasion or observance only once per calendar year. The City reserves the right to deny requests that do not merit public support or are mainly personal, private, political, polarizing or commercial in nature.
If you would like to make a request to change the High Level Bridge lighting colours, please check if the date is available before submitting an online application to the Civic Events Office, a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the requested date.