Fires in the home pose one of the biggest threats to the people of your community. Home fire sprinklers are a proven way to protect lives and property against fires at home. The technology responds quickly to reduce the heat, flames, and smoke from a fire, giving families valuable time to get to safety.
As the world continues to deal with the ongoing demands of COVID-19, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition are taking Home Fire Sprinkler Week virtual.
This year, Home Fire Sprinkler Week will take place May 16-22. Each day will have a different theme and videos you can access:
- Monday, May 17 - Fire is Fast!
- Tuesday, May 18 - Fire Sprinklers Are Part of Fire-Safe Communities
- Wednesday, May 19 - It's Easy to Live with Home Fire Sprinklers
- Thursday, May 20 - Fire Sprinklers are Smart and Green
- Friday, May 21 - Protect What You Value Most
Home fire sprinklers protect the lives of residents and firefighters by keeping fires small and by giving residents more time to escape a fire. Homeowners can install these in new or existing homes.
If you have any questions about home fire sprinklers, join the conversation on social media during Home Fire Sprinkler week using the hashtag #HomeFireSprinklerWeek2021. You can also visit: