Clean air is something we should be working towards every day. Here are some tips on how you can support clean air:
- Learn more about air quality in Edmonton
- Be informed about the air quality in Edmonton by checking the Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
- Be Idle Free: Idling your vehicle not only wastes gasoline (and therefore, money), it also causes needless pollution and can be damaging to your vehicle. Protect your wallet and your health—be aware of your idling habits.
- Traffic can be a big headache. Lessen the traffic by using alternative modes of transportation. Walk, bike or try taking Edmonton Transit instead of driving. Edmonton Transit is committed to offering environmentally-friendly transportation. Just one bus can replace about 50 private cars on the road!
- Plant a tree in your community
- Learn about how you can contribute to improving indoor and outdoor air quality at home, school and work.
- If you're a grade 5 teacher, check out Inside Education's air quality scavenger hunt and design challenge for your class.
- Encourage your organization to become a member of the Alberta Capital Airshed.
Get more environmentally friendly tips!