Thanks to our interfaith partners and a talented group of students from NAIT’s Digital Media and IT Departments, an app has been created that lets users experience a variety of faith celebrations through an augmented reality experience. In celebration of Christmas, the first of these experiences is a virtual Nativity scene.
Accessing the App
The app is accessible on all Android and Apple platforms.
Tips and Tricks
- App works best in bright lighting. Avoid projecting onto carpet or glossy surfaces.
- The AR code can be scanned through a physical copy or from a digital screen
- When the app tells you to aim the camera, a black object will be displayed which will be where the Nativity Scene will appear once you tap "deploy"
- Use your fingers to zoom in/out, which can make the scene bigger or smaller
- Using your device, you can "walk" into the scene itself. Interact with the individuals and animals by tapping on them.