Main page content begins here

Gazebos are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis. However, if you wish to guarantee a gazebo you will need to make a reservation in advance.

Gazebo Locations

Dick Mather Gazebo: 104 Street & 99 Avenue

Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Gazebo: 104 Street & 83 Avenue (wheelchair accessible)

Grant Notley Gazebo: 116 Street & 100 Avenue

Chinese Garden Gazebo: 9999 Grierson Hill Road

Reserve Your Gazebo

To reserve the Chinese Garden Gazebo, see Event application.

To reserve any of the other 3 gazebos: fill out the Online Request Form. The booking coordinator will contact you for confirmation and payment.

  • All gazebo reservations must be made a minimum of 4 days in advance
  • Requests for power and/or catering must be made at the time of booking
  • Reservations must be a minimum of 2 hours in length
  • You can reserve an available site between 8am to 10pm
  • Liquor is not permitted in public areas including all City parks
  • Dogs are not permitted within 10 metres of any gazebo. All other pets are not permitted on City Parkland
  • There are multiple garbage receptacles located near each gazebo
  • Parking is very limited and metered at each gazebo

Fees & Payment

We accept cash, debit, credit (Visa, Mastercard or American Express), or cheque (payable to the City of Edmonton).

A minimum 2 hour reservation required.

Item Fee
Gazebo Rental $37.95/hr
Power (if needed) * $45.90

Note*: Power is only available at Dr Wilbert McIntyre and Grant Notley

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need a site licence?

The site licence guarantees you the use of the gazebo or bandshell only. The surrounding area is for public use; don't rope off areas around the gazebo or bandshell.

City staff may ask to see the licence, so bring it with you. Please use the gazebo or bandshell for the purpose stated on the licence.

Do I need insurance to get a site licence?

The booking staff may ask you to acquire and maintain no less than $2,000,000 general or personal liability insurance.

What services are available?

Services such as extra tables are available for an additional fee. Please contact 780-496-4999.

Can I attach things to the trees and/or structures within my reserved site?

Yes, you may attach approved decorations, balloons, signs, and banners by tying them.

All decorations must be removed at the end of your reservation and properly disposed of.

Confetti, rice, sparklers and fireworks are not permitted.

*All decorations: balloons, signs, banners -  must be approved by the Reservations office (780-423-7428) prior to your reservation date.

Where can I park my vehicle?

Each park has a varied number of public parking spaces, free of charge.

Parking spaces are not reserved as part of your reservation. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.

What happens if I arrive at the gazebo or bandshell late?

You may find your reserved sign has been removed.

Can I sell product or display signs at my picnic site?

No. Parkland regulations forbid the retailing of products or use of promotional signage on parkland without the prior approval of Citizen Services Contract Operations.

Can I play music or use a public address system, or loud-hailer in Edmonton parks?

Please keep your music volume to a reasonable level. The use of public address systems or loud-hailers is prohibited in gazebos. Public address systems or loud-hailers are allowed in bandshells if the volume doesn't disturb others. See the Community Standards Bylaw.

What do I do if someone is already using my reserved site when I arrive?

Please politely advise the people concerned that you have a confirmed reservation for that site and ask them to move to a different location. If they do not oblige, please call the Park Rangers at 780-496-2959 and they will enforce this for you.

Please make sure you have your picnic site permit with you at all times on the day of your reservation as you may be required to show this to a Park Ranger and/or a Park Operations staff.

Can I post signs and posters in the gazebo or bandshell and around the park?

You must have your signs, posters and directional aids approved by City staff before you post them. Please remove them all immediately after your event.

Can I throw confetti or rice?

No. For environmental safety, don't throw confetti or rice. Alternative: blow bubbles.

Can I decorate the gazebo or bandshell?

Yes. But don't nail anything into the gazebo or bandshell.

Where do I leave my garbage?

Put waste and garbage in the cans at the site. If we have to clean up or do repairs after your event, we will bill you.

What happens if it rains or snows on the day I book?

If you can't use the site because of poor weather, phone 780-496-4999 within 7 days of the booking. We'll discuss alternative arrangements.

For More Information

Picnic Site and Event Booking


Picnic Site and Gazebo Reservations

Event Bookings
In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311


End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content