Vision Zero is the City's long term goal of zero traffic-related serious injuries or deaths. In order to reach both drivers and pedestrians with traffic safety messages, the City launched the Vision Zero Street team in October 2017.
In 2018, you'll see the street team in transit centres, malls, at events, in drive-thrus, at farmer's markets and out on the streets, talking to drivers and pedestrians.
By The Numbers
In 2017, the Street Team talked to over 8,000 Edmontonians at 17 locations throughout the City and they were seen by 29,000 Edmontonians.
They gave out:
- 6,480 brochures with tips for driving cautiously at sunset and in the dark
- 1,486 windshield cleaners to help drivers clean the inside of their windshield for better visibility
- 473 pairs of sunglasses to help drivers battle the glare or sunrise and sunset
- 7,500 Edmonton Police reflectors for pedestrians
- 1,991 flashing reflectors for pedestrians
Watch for the street team and visit edmonton.ca/visionzero for more traffic safety initiatives in Edmonton.