Vision Zero is the City's long term goal of zero traffic-related serious injuries or deaths.
During the fall there is a marked increase in the number of collisions involving pedestrians, due to reduced daylight hours and poor visibility.
In 2017, the Street Team talked to over 8,000 Edmontonians at 17 locations throughout the City and they were seen by 29,000 Edmontonians.
They gave out:
- 6,480 brochures with tips for driving cautiously at sunset and in the dark
- 1,486 windshield cleaners to help drivers clean the inside of their windshield for better visibility
- 473 pairs of sunglasses to help drivers battle the glare or sunrise and sunset
- 7,500 Edmonton Police reflectors for pedestrians
- 1,991 flashing reflectors for pedestrians
Watch for the Street Team in 2018 and visit edmonton.ca/visionzero for more traffic safety initiatives in Edmonton.