Project Update - December 2021
Neighbourhood Renewal work is complete for 2021 in Strathcona Back Street.
2021 Work Completed
- Reconstructing the alley with a concrete surface
- Transforming 2 existing lots into plaza spaces with paving stones
- Adding new trees and low impact development facilities in partnership with EPCOR to improve drainage
- Constructing 3 parallel parking stalls along 83 Avenue
- Increasing lighting along the back street
The project also includes community partner funded elements that help beautify the space. Thank you to the Old Strathcona Business Association, Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market and Old Strathcona Youth Society who contributed to partner funding in 2021.
(as fundraising allows)
- Lighting to improve the look and feel of the area including hanging lights above the plaza spaces
- Centralized waste disposal for properties in the area
- Entrance features
- Custom bench seating
- Other artistic elements
Thank you for your understanding and patience as the City completed renewal work in this exciting new space!