Construction Update - August 2021
Construction in Garneau started in July 2021 (see). If you live in an area of the neighbourhood that will experience construction this season, the Contractor (Standard General) will deliver a bulletin including details such as the schedule, landscaping and access information.
Neighbourhood renewal construction work consists of:
- Replacing curbs and gutters
- Replacing sidewalk and driveway connection links
- Replacing any removed landscaping (including new sod)
- Completing road rehabilitation and asphalt paving
- Replacing street lights
- Park and public space renewal
90 Avenue, 89 Avenue, 88 Avenue, 86 Avenue, 85 Avenue and 84 Avenue
- Removal and replacement of sidewalks has begun
- Some sidewalks, curb ramps, curbs and gutters have been reconstructed
- Landscaping including tree planting, topsoil and sod will occur later this season
Note: All construction around Garneau School will be completed before the start of the 2021 school year.
110 Street from 90 Avenue to 83 Avenue
- Removal and replacement of sidewalks and alley / parking lot accesses on both the east and west sides from 90 Avenue to 87 Avenue are complete
- Construction south of 87 Avenue is ongoing
86 Avenue and 88 Avenue
- Removal and replacement of the roadway is currently underway
- Road closures will be in place starting August 23 on both 86 Avenue (from 109 to 110 Street) and 88 Avenue (109 to 110 Street) - watch for signs
Thank you for your understanding and patience as the City completes renewal work in your neighbourhood.