Main page content begins here

The Residential Living Governance Committee (RLGC) is a multi-agency body that works together to provide a coordinated, wrap-around approach to solving issues that arise from complex residential living situations involving vulnerable individuals, families and places.

Using an integrated and holistic approach, the team works to achieve compliance with minimum housing standards at high risk properties and to reduce overall risk in the community. This helps foster safer and more harmonious communities in Edmonton.

Committee Members

The Committee is made up of agencies that include:

Community Hub/Situation Table Model

In 2017, the RLGC adopted the Community Hub/Situation Table Model: a more effective way to collaborate, prioritize and address concerns. This approach has already achieved many successful outcomes largely due to the Committee’s capacity to leverage existing structures and programs and its ability for agencies to share information that can be used to coordinate, integrated interventions at high risk properties.  

The Hub/Situation Table model is comprised of three components:

  1. Steering Committee:  The governance group providing organizational oversight, developing strategy, negotiating funding and resources, ensuring accountability and advocating for upstream policy and system-level changes.
  2. Situation Table:  Front-line collaboration of multiple agencies meeting weekly to coordinate actions and proactively assess risk.
  3. Centre of Responsibility:  Supports the work through coordination of activities, administration, data gathering and analysis and report production.

Who To Call

The RLGC does not take public requests to investigate specific properties. Instead, each agency brings the properties or situations they have concerns with to the Situation Table. Here, the property/situation is triaged through a risk assessment process and prioritized. 

If you wish to make a complaint about a property, please contact the respective agency listed depending on the nature of the complaint. 

Agency Contact Methods
Alberta Health Services Environmental Public Health 780-735-1800
Make a Complaint
City of Edmonton Housing and Homelessness 311
City of Edmonton Complaints & Investigations 311
City of Edmonton — Development Services 311
City of Edmonton Fire Rescue Services Non-emergencies: 311
For emergencies: 911
Edmonton Police Services 780-423-4567 or #377 from an Edmonton mobile
For emergencies: 911
Government of Alberta Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods (SCAN) 1-866-960-SCAN (7226)
Report a Suspicious Property
Government of Alberta Occupational Health & Safety 780-415-8690 (in Edmonton)
1-866-415-8690 (toll free)

For More Information

311 Contact Centre

Online Contact 311 Online

In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

TTY 780-944-5555

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content