What You Need To Know
- Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards are accepted.
- You must be 18 or older to license a pet.
- The maximum number of pets allowed per residence is 6 cats and 3 dogs.
- Before you begin using the online system it is helpful to know:
- the birth date of your pet (or an approximation)
- if your pet has been spayed or neutered. If they have, please provide the date of their surgery as well as the name of the clinic where the surgery was performed (if available)
- your pet's microchip or tattoo number, if applicable
Note: If you are applying for a reduced fee because you receive Income Assistance, your dog is ‘Restricted’ or ‘Nuisance’ as defined by the Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw or you are applying for a Guide/Assistance dog exemption, please do so in person with all necessary supporting documents.