Obtain or Renew Your Pet’s Licence Online
In order to obtain or renew a pet licence, you will now need to set up a login ID and password before accessing the pet licensing system if you don’t already have one. We have added this security feature to further protect your personal information and to align pet licensing with other system requirements used at the City that take online payment.
You will not be able to use the online application in any of these situations:
- You are applying for a reduced fee because you receive Income Assistance
- Your dog is "Restricted" as defined under the Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw
- Your dog is "Nuisance" as defined under the Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw
- You are applying for a Guide/Assistance dog exemption
If any of the above apply to you, please call 311 for further information.
A major credit card is required for payment (Visa Debit, Debit Mastercard or Interac online are not accepted).
Changes to your account such as password resets and updates to your contact information and email address can be done online or by calling 311.
Before You Begin Using the Online System
- Know the birth date of your pet (or an approximation).
- Know if your pet has been spayed or neutered. If they have, please provide the date of their surgery as well as the name of the clinic where the surgery was performed (if available).
- Know your pet's microchip or tattoo number, if applicable.