A planning application (map) has been received for properties at 3500 119 Street NW and 100-128 Ironwood Place NW.
The purpose of the application is to:
1) Rezone the Derrick Golf and Winter Club from Metropolitan Recreation Zone (A) and Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2.146) to a new DC2 Provision to allow for an indoor tennis facility and additional commercial and recreational uses that the applicant regards as compatible with the facility's current services and future opportunities. The proposed DC2 Provision divides the Derrick Golf and Winter Club into two areas. Area A is located in the south and Area B is located in the north. The proposed indoor tennis facility will not be permitted under Area B.
2) Rezone Ironwood Place from Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2.146) to a new DC2 Provision. The rezoning of Ironwood Place is required to remove the property owned by the Derrick Golf and Winter Club. No changes are proposed to the development regulations of Ironwood Place. Terms and references within the zone will be corrected to align with the current Zoning Bylaw.
There is no plan in effect for the neighbourhood.
Public Engagement Session
Citizens were invited to a drop-in public engagement session about a proposed rezoning at 3500 119 Street NW and 100-128 Ironwood Place NW in the Westbrook Estates neighbourhood.
Date: Wednesday November 28, 2018
Location: Harry Ainlay School-Rotunda
The engagement session was an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and provide feedback to the City and the applicant.
- Why is Ironwood Place Being Rezoned?
- What We Heard Report
- Public Engagement Session Display Boards (City of Edmonton)
- Public Engagement Session Display Boards (Applicant)
City Council Approval Date: April 15, 2019
Reference File Number: LDA18-0244
Planner: Email Michelle Neilson or call 780-496-5672 for more information.