A planning application (map) has been made to rezone portions of 2504 66 Street SW and 3004 66 Street SW. The site is located west of 66 Street SW and north of 41 Avenue SW in the Orchards at Ellerslie Neighbourhood.
The application is to rezone from Agricultural Zone (AG) to Public Utility Zone (PU), Public Parks Zone (AP), Low Rise Apartment Zone (RA7), and Residential Mixed Dwelling Zone (RMD). The proposed zoning will accommodate the development of a stormwater pond, public park, and low and medium-density residential development.
The application also includes an associated amendment to The Orchards at Ellerslie Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP) to enable the proposed rezoning and to allow more flexibility throughout the plan. The amendments include:
- Relocate and reduce the size of a public pocket park
- Reduce the size of a stormwater pond
- Reduce the size of a medium-density residential area
- Change the row housing designation throughout the plan to Street-Oriented Residential
- Allow for single-detached, semi-detached, row housing and stacked row housing in specific areas; and
- Allow Special Area Zones within the NSP
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined.
Reference File Number: LDA17-0454
Planner: Email Heather Vander Hoek or call 780-423-7495 for more information.