Public Hearing Update
Bylaw 18889 and Charter Bylaw 18890 went to Public Hearing on October 6, 2020 and were carried over as a continuation to October 13, 2020 and October 19, 2020.
Both bylaws were approved by City Council on October 19, 2020.
Previous Council Decisions
At the June 17, 2019 Public Hearing City Council referred Bylaw 18889 and Charter Bylaw 18890 back to administration and EPCOR with the following motion:
- 1. Work with EPCOR Water and Enoch First Nation to continue engagement activities and return to a future Public Hearing. Engagement activities should include:
- a. Sharing archaeological report and traditional knowledge to further interpret the findings and site history in consultation with Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
- b. Potential partnerships and collaborate on site interpretation, vegetation and harvesting, project naming and potential economic opportunities
- c. Offer to collaborate on the design and shared use of publicly accessible open space
- 2. Work and reporting necessary to allow Council to fully consider whether the location within the River Valley should be deemed essential by Council.
Further engagement activities between EPCOR Water and Enoch Cree Nation and further environmental analysis of the site have taken place.