A planning application (map) has been received for a proposal to amend the Marquis Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP) for the area south of the railway right-of-way, and east and west of Meridian Street NW, in the south portion of the Marquis neighbourhood.
The purpose of the proposed NSP amendment focuses on two areas:
1. Amendment area east and west of Meridian Street:
- Reduce the size of a stormwater management facility (SWMF) located west of Meridian Street NW
- Remove the stormwater management facility (east of Meridian Street) and replacing the land with Single/Semi-detached Residential uses and a park site
- Realign the collector roadway and adjust nearby land uses
- Redistribute a park site (north of the collector roadway) into three smaller pocket parks.
2. Amendment area east of the Natural Area:
- Increase the size of the SWMF, thereby reducing the area of Single/Semi-detached Residential uses
- Realign the collector roadway in conjunction with these proposed land-use changes.
Overall, these proposed changes will:
- Increase the School/Park uses by 0.02 ha
- Decrease the Natural Area use by 0.04 ha
- Decrease SWMF uses by 2 ha
- Increase in Single/Semi-detached Residential uses by 6.7 ha
City Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA20-0056
Planner: Email Carla Semeniuk or call 780-496-1582 for more information.