A planning application (map) has been received for a proposal to amend the Marquis Neighbourhood Structure Plan (NSP) for the area south of the railway right-of-way, and east and west of Meridian Street NW, in the south portion of the Marquis neighbourhood.
The purpose of the proposed NSP amendment focuses on two areas:
1. Amendment area east and west of Meridian Street:
- Reduce the size of a stormwater management facility (SWMF) located west of Meridian Street NW
- Remove the stormwater management facility (east of Meridian Street) and replacing the land with Single/Semi-detached Residential uses and a park site
- Realign the collector roadway and adjust nearby land uses
- Redistribute a school/park site (north of the collector roadway) into 3 smaller pocket parks
2. Amendment area east of the Natural Area:
- Increase the size of the SWMF, thereby reducing the area of Single/Semi-detached Residential uses
- Realign the collector roadway in conjunction with these proposed land-use changes.
Overall, these proposed changes will:
- Decrease the Natural Area use by 0.4 ha
- Decrease SWMF uses by 2 ha
- Increase in Single/Semi-detached Residential uses by 6.2 ha
- Increase Low-rise/Multi/Medium Rise uses by 0.4 ha
- Decrease Row Housing uses by 0.3 ha
City Council Public Hearing Date: March 16, 2021
Bylaw Number: 19606
Reference File Number: LDA20-0056
Planner: Email Carla Semeniuk or call 780-496-1582 for more information.