A has been received for properties at 101 Michener Park NW and 11731 51 Avenue NW.
The current zoning for the properties is Alternative Jurisdiction Zone (AJ).
The rezoning application proposes rezoning the properties to the following zones:
- Public Parks Zone (AP) to provide an area of public land for active and passive recreational uses
- Public Utility Zone (PU) to allow for the development of a stormwater facility
- General Business Zone (CB2) to allow for the development of businesses that require large sites (such as general retail, health services, restaurants, and other uses)
- Row Housing Zone (RF5) to allow for housing development
- Low-Rise Apartment Zone (RA7) to allow for residential development up to 16 metres in height (approximately 4 storeys)
- Medium-Rise Apartment Zone (RA8) to allow for residential development up to 23 metres in height (approximately 6 storeys)
There is aas part of this application, which would not become a statutory plan, but rather will be used to guide the growth and development of the site.
Share Your Feedback
From April 26-May 16, 2022, feedback is being collected for this application through the City’s online virtual engagement tool. Feedback will be used to make sure the City's review of the application takes local context into consideration and is as complete as possible, as well as to help inform conversations with the applicant about potential revisions to address concerns or opportunities raised. Feedback will also be summarized in the report for City Council so that they are aware of the public’s perspectives prior to making a decision at a future Public Hearing.
Council Public Hearing Date: Tuesday July 5, 2022
Reference File Number: LDA21-0569
Planner: Email Marty Vasquez or call 780-495-1948 for more information