Ahas been received for properties at 11703 and 11711 51 Avenue NW.
The application proposes to rezone the sites from an existing Site-Specific Development Control Provision (DC2.830) to a new Site-Specific Development Control Provision (DC2).
The proposed application would allow the completion of the residential project of the site within Area A on the northwest portion of the property.
Theretains much of the existing regulations of the current DC2.830 provisions for a medium-density residential development consisting of low-rise to mid-rise multi-unit housing buildings and includes the following characteristics:
- Maximum heights as follows:
- Area A - 23.0-30.0 metres or approximately 6-8 storeys (no change proposed)
- Area B - 13.0 metres or approximately 3.5 storeys (no changes proposed)
- A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 2.25 (no change proposed)
- Up to 475 residential dwellings (previously 505 residential dwellings)
- Surface and below-grade parking
- A minimum of 600 square metres of publicly accessible private park in the southeast corner of the site (already constructed)
This application intends to update the existing DC2 provision to meet current zoning bylaw regulation standards, introduce design changes within Area A and reflect other as-built details found within Area B.
A summary of the proposed updates includes the following:
- Update the general purpose of the zone to focus on housing opportunities for a broader range of demographic types, including families
- Update the vehicle and bicycle parking regulations based on current Zoning Bylaw standards while providing parking underground, maintaining visitor parking at ground level
- Increasing the overall number of bicycle parking spaces
- Decreasing the overall allowable residential density that is no longer required
- Within the Area A portions, updates to the building design and to increase the building length fronting on 51 Avenue while utilizing architectural features to provide articulation and visual interest to the facades
- Update waste enclosure and location requirements to better respond to City of Edmonton Waste Management operations
- Updating landscape requirements to include people of all ages and abilities.
Council Public Hearing Date: To be determined
Reference File Number: LDA22-0353
Planner: Email Marty Vasquez or call 780-495-1948 for more information