A revised planning application has been received to rezone the neighbouring properties at 11023, 11027, 11031, 11033, 11037, 11039, 11041, 11043, and 11045 86 Avenue NW.
The proposed rezoning is from the Medium Density Multiple Family Zone (RF6) to a Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2).
The proposed DC2 Provision would allow for a mid-rise residential building.
Thank You for Your Feedback
From July 13 to August 3, 2020, feedback was collected online through the new Engaged Edmonton online virtual engagement tool in lieu of an in-person engagement session.
A What We Heard Report has been created that summarizes the feedback received. This report will be shared with City Council if and when this application proceeds forward to a Public Hearing.
What We Heard Report
The previous application proposed a rezoning to a DC2 Provision to allow for a high-density residential tower.
Council Public Hearing Update
On November 3, 2020, City Council passed the following motion with regard to this application:
That Bylaw 19462 and Charter Bylaw 19463 be referred to Administration to facilitate additional community engagement regarding proposed built form changes to address:
- Potential setbacks and stepbacks in the front, rear and side
- Potential privacy screening to improve overlook conditions
- Potential additional articulation and breaks in the long facade facing 86 Avenue NW
- and to eliminate additional Area Redevelopment Plan amendments unrelated to the associated rezoning brought forward by Charter Bylaw 19463
Applicant Adjustments to the Proposal
The applicant has made the following adjustments to the proposal in response:
- Adding a 3.9 metre stepback on the northeast corner above the second storey
- Requiring privacy screening along the south, east and west facades
- Adding projections along the 86 Avenue NW facade above the second storey
- Requiring more variety in building materials and colours
- Requiring the 86 Avenue NW facade to have two distinct facade designs
A comparison document is available to show how these changes would be reflected in the proposed zoning text and visually in the appendices to the proposed zone. You are encouraged to review and provide feedback to the City by contacting Andrew McLellan by email or by phone at 780-496-2939.
City Council Approval Date: April 19, 2021
Reference File Number: LDA19-0297
Planner: Email Andrew McLellan or call 780-496-2939 for more information.