Planning applications received by the City in the Cameron Heights neighbourhood.
A planning application has been approved for the E. L. Smith Water Plant Solar Farm at 16910 35 Avenue NW, 16850 and 16880 Anthony Henday Drive, including a rezoning and plan amendment.
Public Hearing Update
At theCity Council referred Bylaw 18889 and Charter Bylaw 18890 back to administration and EPCOR with the following motion:
- 1. Work with EPCOR Water and Enoch First Nation to continue engagement activities and return to a future Public Hearing. Engagement activities should include:
- a. Sharing archaeological report and traditional knowledge to further interpret the findings and site history in consultation with Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women
- b. Potential partnerships and collaborate on site interpretation, vegetation and harvesting, project naming and potential economic opportunities
- c. Offer to collaborate on the design and shared use of publicly accessible open space
- 2. Work and reporting necessary to allow Council to fully consider whether the location within the River Valley should be deemed essential by Council.
Council Approval Date: October 19, 2020
Reference File Number: LDA17-0283
Planner: Email Luke Cormier or call 780-496-7370 for more information.
A planning application (map) has been received for a property at 2003 Cameron Ravine Way NW.
The application proposes to rezone the property from Neighbourhood Convenience Commercial Zone (CNC) to Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2).
The proposed DC2 zone will allow for primarily the same uses (both permitted and discretionary) under the current CNC zone, with the addition of alcohol sales and include specific alcohol sales regulations.
City Council Approval Date: August 26, 2019
Reference File Number: LDA19-0135
Planner: Email Vivian Gamache or call 780-944-0122 for more information.