Main page content begins here
Why Do You Go Bagless?
I Do It Because It's Easy
- No bagging and dragging of grass required
- Reduces the need to water your lawn by putting moisture in the ground. Grass cut to a height of 6-8 cm (2.5-3 inches) will slow water evaporation from your soil
- Reduces the need to fertilize your lawn. The grass clippings quickly decompose, naturally fertilizing your lawn with nutrients after each mow
- By Going Bagless for one summer, you can save up to a full day of your time
- Going Bagless gives you a lush, healthy lawn which helps prevent disease, thatch and weed growth. Learn more
I Do It For My Lawn
- When done properly, Going bagless gives you a lush, healthy lawn
- The grass clippings protect the soil by keeping moisture in the ground
- The grass clippings quickly break down, naturally fertilizing your lawn with nutrients after each mow
- Grass cut to a height of 6-8 cm (2.5-3 inches) will develop a deep, extensive root system, leaving little room for weeds to grow
- Going bagless helps prevent thatch build up and disease. Learn more
I Do It For The Environment
- In the summer months, up to half of all the waste collected from households is grass. Going Bagless is the number one way Edmontonians can reduce their waste
- Going Bagless can cut water use in half and reduce fertilizer use by 25% per household
- The CO2 emissions saved if every single-family household in Edmonton grasscycled would be equal to the annual CO2 emissions of 27,166 cars
It’s simple, less work for you and better for the environment.
Think grasscycling causes thatch? Think again. We set the record straight.
Go Bagless Videos
Get some Go Bagless tips from these creative grasscycling videos.