Complete Official Rules & Regulations
No purchase necessary
Requesting a Go Bagless law sign or indicating that you already have a sign and will place it on your lawn is required to participate in the Contest.
How to enter
- Sign up through the contest form at edmonton.ca/GoBagless to enter the contest and either receive a Go Bagless lawn sign or indicate that you already have a sign and will place it on your lawn; or
- Fill out a Go Bagless lawn sign request and entry form with a City of Edmonton Go Bagless staff (either at your door or at various community and City events)
Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these contest rules and by the decisions of the contest judge, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest. By entering, entrants hereby release and hold harmless The City of Edmonton, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, insurers, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or prize won, including but not limited to any travel related thereto.
There are two (2) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of one Toro 20360 e-Cycler Cordless Lawnmower valued at approximately $529. One winner will be drawn on a random basis for each of the two contest time periods. The prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prizes are not convertible to cash.
This contest is open to City of Edmonton residents, who are 18 years of age or older and sign up to receive a Go Bagless lawn sign, or confirm that they already have a sign and will place it on their lawn. In order to claim prize, winner must correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question.
Only one entry per household’s address can be entered in a draw. Duplicate addresses will be removed from the draw. Once an address is entered in a draw in a time period, it cannot be entered again in a later time period.
Contest Time Period
Contest begins at 8:00am MDT on Monday July 9, 2018 and ends 6:00pm MDT on Monday, August 20, 2018. One draw winner will be selected for each of the following time periods:
- 8:00am July 9 to 11:59pm MDT on July 29;
- 12:00am MDT on July 30 to 11:59pm MDT on August 20
How is a winner chosen?
Contestants who enter the “Go Bagless Lawn Sign” contest during each of the time periods listed under “Contest Time Period” will be included in a randomized draw. Only those contestants who enter the contest during each time period will be included in the draw for that time period.
The winner for each time period will be selected at:
- 11:00am on Monday, July 30, 2018 for the time period ending on July 29;
- 11:00am on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 for the time period ending on August 20
Winners will be contacted via the email address provided upon entry to the contest. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure of the prize winner to respond to the prize notification and successfully answer a time-limited skill testing question within four (4) working days of notification of selection will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The winner must schedule a delivery date for the prize within five (5) working days of successfully answering the skill-testing question. The prize must be claimed by the actual winner with proof of identification.
In order to claim the prize, the winner must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a resident of the City of Edmonton
- Have government-issued ID
- Sign a prize claim form, which includes a release of liability of the City and a consent for disclosure of winner’s name and photo as the winner of the contest prize, including posting on the City of Edmonton’s social media platforms
- Consent to have a photo taken of them
- Correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question
- Not be an employee or direct relative of an employee of the Communications and Engagement Department or the Waste Services Branch of the City of Edmonton
Chances of winning
The chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries received during each time period.
Protecting Your Personal Information and Contest information
This information is being collected by the City under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), and will be used for contest purposes and for future communications relating to the Go Bagless initiative. The photo and name of each winner may also be distributed to the media. Personal information in the custody or under the control of the City is protected in accordance with the privacy provisions of FOIP. If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of information by this program you may contact the Social Marketing Coordinator for Waste Services, at Century Place, 2nd Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue, Edmonton AB T5J 3A3, or 780-495-0328.
The winning contestants may be asked to participate in promotional and/or media activities. As a result, photos and digital images of the winning contestants may be used in local news media, on www.edmonton.ca and other official City of Edmonton publications.